In this blog post on Finding Nature (January 9, 2023) Professor Miles Richardson describes this ongoing horizon scan which aims to identify ‘emerging issues and opportunities affecting woodland management in the UK over the next 50 years’.
As part of this exercise, Prof. Richardson welcomes comments on how the social, cultural and wellbeing angle of how woodland management could affect factors such as:
- Positive sentiment towards trees
- places for emotional connection with nature and contemplation
- places for cool recreation as the climate warms
- education and outreach that teach people about the ecological, social and cultural importance of trees
- health and wellbeing outcomes
- integration with social prescribing
- Combining wellbeing and ecological aspects within the concept of ‘one health’.
Follow the links in the blog to provide any relevant feedback.