This directory is a currently a collaboration between Cairngorms National Park, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, Scottish Forestry, Forestry and Land Scotland, Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency, Historic Environment Scotland and NatureScot.
We are all part of the Scottish Government and are working together to co-ordinate our work with Outdoor Learning in order to optimise the service we provide.
Aims and Ambitions
Scotland’s Outdoor Learning Directory aims to provide a portal to services supporting outdoor learning which are provided by these Scottish organisations.
Who Are We
- Cairngorms National Park works to ensure that businesses and communities in the Park thrive and are sustainable; that the Park continues to be a special place for people and nature; and that outstanding visitor and learning experiences can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Historic Environment Scotland investigates, cares for and promotes Scotland’s historic environment, and supports discovery of more than 5,000 years of Scotland’s story through a programme of free visits, events and learning resources.
- Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park works to safeguard an area of outstanding and diverse landscapes, habitats and communities, parts of which were coming under severe visitor and recreational pressures.
- Scottish Forestry is the Scottish Government agency responsible for forestry policy, support and regulations.
- Forestry and Land Scotland looks after, manages and promotes Scotland’s national forests and land.
- The Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh extends over four Gardens throughout Scotland and boasts a rich living collection of plants. It is a world-renowned centre for plant science and education.
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) is Scotland's environmental regulator. Our main role is to protect and improve the environment.
- NatureScot, Scotland’s nature agency (formerly Scottish Natural Heritage) works to enhance our natural environment and inspire the people of Scotland to care more about it, for a nature-rich future where everyone is involved.
- Education Scotland is the national body in Scotland for supporting quality and improvement in learning and teaching.
Outdoor Learning Directory is a partnership supported by the Environment and Forestry Directorate organisations.