This directory is a currently a collaboration between Cairngorms National Park, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, Forestry Commission Scotland, Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh, Scottish Environmental Protection Agency, Historic Environment Scotland and Scottish Natural Heritage.
We are all part of the Scottish Government and are working together to co-ordinate our work with Outdoor Learning in order to optimise the service we provide.
Aims and Ambitions
Scotland’s Outdoor Learning Directory aims to provide a portal to services supporting outdoor learning which are provided by these Scottish organisations.
Who Are We
- Cairngorms National Park works to ensure that businesses and communities in the Park thrive and are sustainable; that the Park continues to be a special place for people and nature; and that outstanding visitor and learning experiences can be enjoyed by everyone.
- Historic Environment Scotland investigates, cares for and promotes Scotland’s historic environment, and supports discovery of more than 5,000 years of Scotland’s story through a programme of free visits, events and learning resources.
- Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park works to safeguard an area of outstanding and diverse landscapes, habitats and communities, parts of which were coming under severe visitor and recreational pressures.
- Forestry Commission Scotland works to protect and expand Scotland's forests and woodlands and increase their value to society and the environment.
- The Royal Botanic Gardens Edinburgh extends over four Gardens throughout Scotland and boasts a rich living collection of plants. It is a world-renowned centre for plant science and education.
- Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA) is Scotland's environmental regulator. Our main role is to protect and improve the environment.
- Scottish Natural Heritage promotes care for and improvement of the natural heritage by helping people enjoy it responsibly, enabling a greater understanding and awareness of it and promoting its sustainable use, now and for future generations.
- Education Scotland is the national body in Scotland for supporting quality and improvement in learning and teaching.
Outdoor Learning Directory is a partnership supported by the Environment and Forestry Directorate organisations.